When using a yacht commercially, a Greek commercial yacht registration might be the right choice. Do you have a yacht which you want to use for commercial purposes? Then it is very important to take a right decision for a country that fits the requirements of your needs.
There are various countries offering a yacht registration. All with their own advantages and disadvantages. You need to be sure that you choose the yacht registration with the most advantageous for you personally.
Beside the Greek commercial yacht registration, there are various other boat registration options. In this blog you can read all the information you need to know about the registration of Greece.
Greek commercial yacht registration
- A greek commercial yacht registration allows EU commercial and non-EU commercial yachts. You are allowed to charter from Greece by appointing a fiscal representative and registering. You need to submit an application to the Ministry of Mercantile Marine and Aegean.
- For users of commercial yachts, a declaration must be provided from the port of embarkation. This must be done 48 hours prior to departure and the charter agreement submitted.
- People don’t have to apply for a Greek charter license to be able to board and land passengers in Greek waters.
- Closing down 10% Luxury Tax imposed on Yachts.
- EU yachts should possess DEPKA and non-EU yachts should get a Transit Log which are delivered for about a year.
- UBO is allowed to use the yacht for private usage. Conditions apply that the yacht must not be engaged in any third party charter.
If this doesn’t answer your question about this type of registration or have a specific question, please get in touch. One of our staff members is more than willing to help you