Gibraltar boat Registration
The Gibraltar boat registration is an international recognized boat registration of the highest class and comes with the Gibraltar AIS & MMSI radio license included. This type of boat registration can be used worldwide without any restrictions. So this means inside and outside of the EU. The Gibraltar boat registration can also be used for commercial boating.
Sailing under the British flag
Gibraltar is a British overseas territory at the south of Spain and contains an area of only 6.7 square kilometer (2.6 square mile). Because it’s British overseas territory, registering for the Gibraltar boat registration means you can sail with the highly respected British flag. This also means that your boat is under the protection of the British maritime authorities. Although Gibraltar falls within the British overseas territory, it is not part of the UK.
Before you continue reading, a quick note
First of all we would like to thank you for your interests in our services. Yacht Registration Holland is an experienced boat registration company with a record of more than 10 years. We operate worldwide. Registering your Gibraltar boat registration with us means that you will be given fast and reliable services for a fair price.
Advantages of a Gibraltar boat registration
- Under British maritime protection
- Valid worldwide without any restrictions for pleasure yachts
- Can be used for commercial yachts
- No annual inspection required
- Outside of the EU VAT zone
- Can be used to obtain your yacht VAT free
- Tonnage certificate application can be done anywhere in the world
- Shown prices includes everything without any hidden costs
How does it work?
Do you need a Gibraltar boat registration? Yacht Registration Holland services customers from all over the world. Our registration service covers the whole registration in English. You just need to follow a few steps in our online registration process. When we have received the required original documents, we will submit your request to the Gibraltar maritime authorities. After completion, you will get send your boat registration and AIS & MMSI radio license by overnight courier.
How to arrange your Gibraltar boat registration
Anyone can get a Gibraltar boat registration. It is necessary that the ownership of the boat lies within the UK-Gibraltar. If the ownership of the yacht allready lies within the EU or in case of a new yacht the owner has a EU passport, it’s possible to register the Gibraltar yacht registration to your own name.
To register in your own name a vessel, the individual must hold an EEA State passport, or a passport from an approved country list (listed below).
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden, UK.
The approved countries are:-
Argentina, Aruba, Bahrain, Brazil, the Canary Islands, China, the Faroe Islands, Haiti, Israel, Japan, Liberia, Madeira, the Marshall Islands, Monaco, Panama, South Korea, Switzerland, Suriname, and the United Arab Emirates.
You can easily apply for your yacht registration online. The video below briefly explains how this works. For more information, please look at the ‘Online registration portal‘ page.
I do not have a European passport
When the ownership of the yacht does not lie within the EU and you do not have a European passport, we can set up a dormant UK Limited Company under your name of which you are the only owner. Yacht Registration Holland will arrange the whole process. After we’ve created your new UK Ltd., we prepare a bill of sale to transfer the ownership of your boat, yacht or jet ski to your new UK Ltd. This way the ownership of your boat now lies within Gibraltar – UK after completion of the registration.
Please note that the company, of which you are the only owner, will not be active and so you do not have to pay any taxes, nor do you have any other formal obligations.
How long does it take to get a Gibraltar boat registration?
The average time to deliver your Gibraltar boat registration is about 8 working days.
How much does a Gibraltar boat registration cost?
The entire initial Gibraltar boat registration costs are depending on if you are a EU citizen of a non-EU citizen. If you own a European passport, the costs are € 1275,-. If you do not own a EU passport, the costs are € 1625,-. This is more expensive because we need to set up a dormant UK Limited company and a mandatory Gibraltar address for representation. This price includes the AIS number, MMSI radio license and the entire registration process. No hidden costs!
This price also includes:
- Maintenance of your Gibraltar boat registration
- Creating a new bill of sale
- Correspondence with the Gibraltar maritime authorities
- Boat registration documents
- Taxes and fees in Gibraltar
And in case you do not own a EU passport:
- Setting up a UK Limited Company
- Mandatory Gibraltar address for representation
The annual costs for a Gibraltar yacht registration
The annual costs for a Gibraltar yacht registrations are € 395,00 per year.
These costs include:
- Renewal of your Gibraltar yacht registration
- Renewal of your Gibraltar radio license
- Filing of accounts
- Filing of the confirmation statements
The annual required costs for the UK Limited Company to exist are € 275,00 which get billed separately.
What documents are required for a Gibraltar boat registration?
During the online registration process for a Gibraltar boat registration, we require the following documents:
- For new boats we need a notarized Builders certificate including data of the name of the initial boat owner.
- If your boat has an active boat registration or has ever been registered, we need a notarized invoice or bill of sale.
- If your boat is already sailing under the Gibraltar flag, we just need an invoice.
We also need the following documents:
- Notarized identification in colour of all owners – including a non notarized color print of the passport / ID card – not older than 3 months
- Proof of address of all owners
Copy of the electrical bill, water bill or bank statement not older than 3 months
- In case of a previous registry, we require a copy of the deletion document
- Photo of the side and stern of the boat which shows the registration number on it
- Tonnage certificate provided by an approved surveyor (find an approved boat surveyor)
- All signed Gibraltar application forms
All original and signed documents should be send to us by courier. After the registration process we will return all original documents together with the official Gibraltar boat registration documents by overnight courier.
Trusted company with verified references
Please note that we are an experienced boat registration company with a service record of more than 10 years. We serve customers from all over the world. If you have any doubts, please read the feedback that we have been given by our satisfied customers. You can read their personal experiences with our company on the bottom of this page (verified references by Trustpilot).