Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration
Thank you for your interest in the Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration. This is the highest level of boat registration The Netherlands has to offer. This boat registration gives your boat or yacht the formal Dutch nationality. It is issued by the Dutch Ministry of Transport and the Dutch government in the name of our head of state, the King of the Netherlands.
With this formal and top quality yacht registration, your boat or yacht can sail to any country in the world, giving you a warm welcome, without any problem.
We also provide boat registrations, registered under other nationalities. Such as the highly respected UK part 1 Registration (British flag) or the popular and affordable Polish boat registration. You can compare boat registrations to see which boat registration suits your needs.
Benefits of a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration
- Fully accepted by the nautical authorities and government of any country in the world
- Yacht gets the formal nationality of the Kingdom of The Netherlands and which is issued by the Dutch government in name of the King
- Only 1 initial “non technical” inspection for marking and carving of the yacht
- No recurring annual inspections of the yacht
- No yacht taxes
- No demands or annual inspections on flares and life saving electronics or equipment
- Valid as long as the yacht owner decides – no end date
- No limitation in miles from shore
- CE certification is no issue for the issue of the registration
- No questions asked about the VAT status of the yacht for the issue of the registration
- Available for EU citizens or NON EU citizens in combination with an EU company
- No third party insurance needed when making the registration request
- Provisional registration available
How does it work?
Do you need a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration? BlueWater Registration Services can apply the registration request for you. As we communicate entirely in English, we serve customers from all over the world. Of course we’d be happy to speak to you in Dutch too.
For a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration we need the following documents:
- Copy of your notary legalized passport or ID card
- Original Bill of Sale
- In case of a previous registry, we also need a copy of the deletion document
When applying for a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration, you just need to follow a few steps in our online registration process. When we have received the required documents, we will submit your information to request the Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration.
The Dutch Cadastre will send their inspector on board of your boat or yacht for inspection and do the marking and carving. This is a one-time inspection. Please note that naturally, BlueWater Registration Services manages the entire process.
After completion, you will get send your boat registration by overnight courier.
You can easily apply for your yacht registration online. The video below briefly explains how this works. For more information, please look at the ‘Online registration portal‘ page.
I do not have an European passport
Anyone can get an Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration. If you are not owning an European passport we can still request a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration for you. It is necessary that the ownership of the boat lies within Europe. This can be done by setting up an Irish Limited Company under your name of which you are the only owner. BlueWater Registration Services will arrange the whole process.
After we’ve created your new Irish Ltd., you prepare a new bill of sale to transfer the ownership of your boat or yacht to your new Irish Ltd. This way the ownership of your boat now lies within the EU.
Please note that the company, of which you are the only owner, will not be active and so you do not have to pay any taxes nor do you have any other obligations. You don’t even need an UK or Irish bank account. As we are an experienced company in the Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief registrations, we have this entire process systematically figured out and available in a simple online registration form.
If you have any doubts, please read the feedback that we have been given by our satisfied customers from all over the world. You can read their personal experiences with our company on the bottom of this page (verified references by TrustPilot).
I do have an European passport
Do you have an European passport? Then we can register your boat or yacht at your own personal name.
How long does it take to get a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration?
When you apply for a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration via our online registration process, the period from applying till the actual boat registration takes around 4-6 weeks. In some cases this can even be a bit longer, depending on how busy the authorities are.
How much does a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration cost?
The registration itself
The Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief Registration costs are € 1750,- . The necessarily one time inspection is not included and depends on the location of your boat or yacht. In Europe the average costs are in between € 750,- and € 1000,-. Naturally, BlueWater Registration Services manages the entire registration process.
Recurring annual costs after the first year are € 250,- and include all costs, fees, representation, domicile, fillings, etc.
Shown prices include all our services such as:
- The national Certificate of Registry.
- Certificate of nationality (Title) issued by the Dutch Government in name of the King
- Registration of your yacht in the Dutch Cadastre
- Tonnage Certificate for yachts till 24.00 meter
- For yachts over 24 meters, the owner has to arrange the document himself by an approved classification company which has a branch in The Netherlands
- All Dutch authority fees
- All Dutch taxes
- 1 year domicile and representation in The Netherlands for your yacht
- Handling & Administration
- Shipment by overnight courier
Protect your boat or yacht with Microdots
If your yacht gets stolen and found again, you need to prove that the boat or yacht is rightfully yours. This can be done with Microdots on which you can read more in our blog about protecting your boat or yacht. Additional microdots can be ordered for € 350,-.
What documents are required for a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief boat registration?
During the online registration process for a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief boat registration, we require the following documents:
- Owner’s identity in case of a private individual or proof of identity of all directors in case of a company. This type of boat registration requires a notarized passport.
- Proof of ownership / sale agreement (invoice, bill of sale or notary statement)
- In case of a previous registry, we require a copy of the deletion document
- In case the yacht is over 24 meters the owner needs to provide an ITC69 Certificate himself. This has to be done by an approved classification company. You can find a the list of approved classification company’s here: https://www.ilent.nl/onderwerpen/erkende-organisaties-zeevaart/documenten/publicaties/2021/12/06/overzicht-erkende-klassenbureaus
Please note: all documents need to be written in English. If the documents are not in English a translation of these documents needs to be provided. This can be done by you, the yacht owner or a formal translator.
Bill of Sale Generator tool
We have a free Bill of Sale Generator tool available. This tool helps you to create a new Bill of Sale for your yacht. After completing the data you can submit it. We will then check all information provided free of any costs. Once approved we wil create the new bill of sale and let you know how to download it.
AIS & MMSI Radio License service
In case you also require an AIS & MMSI Radio Licence including ATIS, MMSI number and call sign, we can provide this within just 1 working day. The costs for this are € 250,- and can be easily and entirely requested online. In combination with a boat registration, you’ll profit from a € 100,- discount. When combined with a Dutch Worldwide Zeebrief registration, you will receive a Dutch radio license with an official paper certificate. Read more information about our AIS & MMSI radio license service.
Registration procedure, we take care of the entire procedure!
- Fill out our online form and upload all relevant documents
- We check your paperwork and after approval of your order we send you our invoice, which can be paid by any major credit card or by bank transfer
- The registration of your boat to sail with the highly respected Dutch flag begins! You will receive your registration certificate by overnight courier.
Trusted company with verified references
Please note that we are an experienced boat registration company with a service record of more than 10 years. We serve customers from all over the world. If you have any doubts, please read the feedback that we have been given by our satisfied customers. You can read their personal experiences with our company on the bottom of this page (verified references by Trustpilot).