Polish boat registration is for a lifetime
Great news! Since 2021 non-EU passport holders are allowed to register the Polish boat registration directly to their own name. This means lower registration costs, lower annual costs and a faster registration time.
Update June 24
Recent changes in the Polish boat registration regulations determine that the previously required CE certificate, tonnage certificate or builders certificate are no longer required for boats under 14 meters.
Thank you for your interests in a Polish boat registration. Enjoy the advantage of being able to use the Polish boat registration immediately (within 2 working days) in the form of a provisional registration, until your final registration certificate is ready. The Polish boat registration is a popular and affordable registration for boats till 24 meters of length. When registering your boat, yacht or jet ski in Poland, you are sure of a lifetime registration without any obligations for renewals. As Poland is a full European Union member, a Polish boat registration is very attractive for pleasure craft, operators, charters and private yacht owners.
Also available for commercial yacht owners
Did you know the Polish boat registration is also available for commercial yachts and for the same price as for a pleasure boat registration? For private yacht owners, a yacht survey is never required which is also a big advantage which saves you a lot of money.
We also provide boat registrations, registered under other nationalities. Such as the highly respected Dutch Worldwide Registration (Dutch flag) and the UK part 1 Registration (British flag). You can compare boat registrations to see which boat registration suits your needs.
Before we start explaining you about the Polish yacht registration benefits it is our belief that it is also important that we explain and inform you about the “negative sides” of the Polish yacht registration. We know that the Polish registration is a cheap form of yacht registration, but this is not without a reason.
The main negative sides of the Polish yacht registration from our point of view are:
- Irregular length of the registration procedure. Mostly 4 weeks but this can also be (much) longer in specific cases.
- Extreme long procedure for the Polish Radio License 4 + 8 weeks = 12 weeks.
- Radio license only available for owners of a formal ITU radio operators certificate.
- Formally it is not legal to sail without a valid Radio License on board.
- Only Polish crew certificates are accepted. Other crew or skippers licenses are NOT accepted.
- As it is a “Grey Listed” yacht registration our clients with a Polish yacht registration experience more inspections by the Coastguard, Financial authorities and border authorities than yacht owners with a “White Listed” yacht registration. Sometimes even every time they enter a new marina or border.
- The Polish authorities do NOT provide a “Safety Certificate” together with their yacht registration. This can cause issues with insurers when an accident or claim occurs.
- Polish authorities demand a sworn translation of the Bill of Sale which can sometimes lead to serious additional costs.
Because of these reasons we always recommend to consider another type of registration next to the Polish registration. We think that our San Marino registration is the best option we can offer. It is up to you to decide which fits you best!
Benefits of a Polish boat registration
- Valid for life!
- No EU passport needed
- Including provisional registration within 2 working days
- No yearly costs
- No need for renewal
- No yacht survey required (max. length 24m)
- Paris MoU Grey Listed
- Accepted in any country of the world
- Official Polish EU flag registration
- Possible for all nationalities
- Quick registration process
- Available for commercial yachts
- No Polish translations needed – English is just fine
- No CE / tonnage or builders certificate needed for boats smaller than 14 meters
How does it work?
Do you need a Polish boat registration? BlueWater Registration Services services customers from all over the world. Our registration service covers the whole registration in English. You just need to follow a few steps in our online registration process. When we have received the required documents, we will submit your information to request the Polish boat registration. After completion, you will get send your boat registration by overnight courier.
You can easily apply for your yacht registration online. The video below briefly explains how this works. For more information, please look at the ‘Online registration portal‘ page.
Direct registration for EU and non-EU passport holders
Since 2021, the Polish boat registration can be registered directly to anyone with a valid passport globally. This means also non-EU passport holders are able to get a Polish boat registration directly to their own name. The big advantage are lower initial costs, lower annual costs and a faster delivery time than before. Read all about it in our blog Polish boat registration available for anyone with a valid passport.
How long does it take to get a Polish boat registration?
The advantage of the Polish boat registration, is that you will receive a temporary registration within two working days until the final registration is complete. This means u can use the Polish boat registration almost instantly. The final registering takes 3-4 weeks, from the moment you have provided us with the requested original documents.
How much does a Polish boat registration cost?The entire Polish boat registration costs between € 425,- and € 625,-. This depends of the length of your yacht.
- Yachts till 7.00 meter € 425,-
- Yachts from 7.00 meter till 12.00 meter € 525,-
- Yachts from 12.00 meter till 24.00 meter € 625,-
The provisional registration certificate is included!
What documents are required for a Polish boat registration?
During the online registration process for a Polish boat registration, we require the following documents:
- Owner’s identity document in case of a private individual or proof of identity of all directors in case of a company
- Proof of ownership / sale agreement (invoice, sales agreement, bill of sale or notary statement)(This has to be done by a sworn translation of the document into Polish)
- Scan of one of the following documents (only if your boat is longer than 14 meter):
- CE certificate of the yacht
- OR tonnage certificate
- OR builders certificate
- OR survey report
- OR yacht manual
- Photo of the engine number, hull number and CE plate (not a photo of the gearbox)
- CE Design category (A, B, C, D)
- In case of a previous registry, we require a copy of the deletion document
- If the photo of the engine plate does not show engine power we need the engine manufacturers document or survey report proving it
- If a photo of the engine plate is unavailable we need a survey report or bill of sale proving the engine number
Please note: all documents need to be written in English. If the documents are not in English a translation of these documents needs to be provided. This can be done by you, the yacht owner or a formal translator.
Polish AIS & MMSI Radio License service
In case you also require an AIS & MMSI Radio Licence including ATIS, MMSI number and call sign, we can provide this for you without any problem. The costs for this are € 250,- and can be easily and entirely requested online.
Trusted company with verified references
Please note that we are an experienced boat registration company with a service record of more than 10 years. We serve customers from all over the world. If you have any doubts, please read the feedback that we have been given by our satisfied customers. You can read their personal experiences with our company on the bottom of this page (verified references by Trustpilot).