Irish Limited company
On request, we can incorporate an Irish Limited company to use as a holding company for your boat or yacht. Because of the Brexit, Ireland became the most economical and suitable European country for setting up a limited liability company which can be used for your boat registration.
We will incorporate a “dormant” company for the purpose of yacht registration. A dormant company is a company that has no commercial or economical activities, therefore it has very limited formal obligations.
If you want a more affordable alternative, we can provide the UK Limited Company till the end of this year (till the end of 2020, because of the Brexit).
Benefits of an Irish limited company
- Suitable for all European boat registrations
- Your company will be created within 2 days
- Friendly annual costs
- The company is not active which means minimum obligations
- You will be the only beneficial owner of the company
- Yacht Registration Holland takes care of all the necessarily paperwork such as the yearly required tax declaration
How does it work?
Do you need an Irish limited company because you do not own a European passport and want a European boat registration? Yacht Registration Holland services customers from all over the world. Our registration service covers the whole registration in English. You just need to follow a few steps in our online registration process. When we have received the required documents, we will submit your information to the authorities and setup your Irish limited company within just 2 days. After completion, you will get send the registration information by overnight courier.
I do not have an European passport
If you want an Irish Limited company without having a European passport, there are several possible ways. It’s possible that:
- We appoint an EU resident nominee director, which will be done by our Irish partner company. This will be at additional costs.
- You can appoint a family member, friend or acquaintance with an EU passport as director. This will be without additional costs.
All obligations, concerning filling out documents and taking care that your company will be in good standing, will be taken care of. So you have nothing to worry about! Of course, you are also allowed to take care of this your own. You can choose this during the online registration process.
I do have a European passport
If you do have a European passport you will be the director yourself or provide an EU/EEA citizen as director of your own choice.
How much does an Irish limited company cost?
When holding an EU/EEA passport
When the yacht owner is holder of an EU/EEA passport and can act as the shareholder and director him- or herself or can provide an EU/EEA resident director, the initial onetime costs are € 750,-. Annual yearly costs for the Irish limited company are € 850,-.
When not holding an EU/EEA passport
In this case our local Irish partner will appoint an EU resident nominee director for your company of which you will be shareholder. This service demands more paperwork , responsibility and time. The initial onetime costs are € 1350,- with annual yearly costs of € 1450,-.
These prices include:
- Processing your request
- Creating the Irish Limited company and all additional costs
- Correspondence with the Irish authorities
- Registration documents
- Irish taxes and fees
- Now and future company fees
- Mandatory Irish address and representation
- Shipping fees by overnight courier
What documents are required for an Irish limited company?
During the online registration process for an UK limited company, we require the following documents:
- Identification of all shareholders
- Proof of address of all shareholders
- Identification of all directors
- Proof of address of all directors
Please note: all documents need to be written in English. If the documents are not in English a translation of these documents needs to be provided. This can be done by you, the yacht owner or a formal translator.
Trusted company with verified references
Please note that we are an experienced boat registration company with a service record of more than 10 years. We serve customers from all over the world. If you have any doubts, please read the feedback that we have been given by our satisfied customers. You can read their personal experiences with our company on the bottom of this page (verified references by Trustpilot).